|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Tribune-Review/TribLIVE.com is seeking a dynamic reporter to join our team of award-winning journalists in Western Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will be a curious and aggressive reporter who can juggle multiple assignments and can balance daily work with deeper enterprise.
We are looking for an ambitious reporter who is adept at using digital reporting tools and knowledgeable about accessing public records. The candidate should be a self-starter with excellent news judgment. The reporter should feel at ease covering a press conference or interviewing state and national political figures and business leaders.
The position is based in our Westmoreland County newsroom in Greensburg, about 33 miles east of Pittsburgh. The Trib was named Best Overall Newspaper three years in a row by the Pennsylvania chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. The Trib's news platforms include two daily newspapers, 11 weeklies and TribLIVE.com, the most visited news website in the region.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Pitch and produce a variety of content ranging from breaking news to long-term, in-depth enterprise stories.
- Develop sources to help break news and add depth to coverage.
- Engage with readers on social media platforms and use digital and tools to identify story leads and sources.
- Utilize data skills and data resources to bring depth and clarity to the content produced.
- Work closely with colleagues to coordinate graphics, photos and videos.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field.
- Two or more years of daily journalism experience.
- Ability to write clearly and accurately on multiple platforms and on deadline.
- Strong command of grammar and AP style.
- A competitive nature, collaborative spirit and passion for news.
Interested candidates should apply at www.tribtotalmedia.com/jobs. A cover letter and at least three samples of your work are required. If you have questions about this position, email Luis Fabregas, Executive Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trib Total Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.