||October 14, 2021
NBC 24/WNWO-TV is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and experienced part-time Host/Media Influencer for our live lifestyle show. NBC 24's Lifestyle Show is a live talk show that combines paid segments along with entertainment, community and lifestyle segments. The live show airs Monday through Friday 11AM to 12PM every week. The ideal Host will produce and conduct live and taped paid and non-paid interviews, segments and packages, go live in the field, participate in product demonstrations, produce segments in the studio and in the field. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
No day will look the same as a host, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assists with daily show preparation and content generation
- Ability to conduct live and taped interviews in studio and in the field
- Assist the Executive Producer with booking guests and writing teases
- Able to shoot, write and edit paid and non-paid stories
- Participates in pre and post-show meetings
- Contributes content to the website and all digital platforms
- Interacts with viewers on social media
- Produce sales segments (live and pre-taped) in rundown
- Create and order graphics for paid/non-paid segments
- Select or provide b-roll for interviews
- Call and schedule sales clients for in studio interviews and shoots
- Write and deliver interviews and stories in a clear and concise manner
- Meet with account executives regularly for show ideas that generate revenue
- All other duties as directed by management
Additionally, this person should have...
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- A minimum of 1 year of on-air hosting experience on a Lifestyle Show or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience shooting video, writing and editing long and short form packages, vignettes, Facebook lives, and other on air or digital assignments as needed
- Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills.
- Must work professionally and collaboratively and help foster a team environment with co-workers
- Professional interaction and collaboration with clients and guests is required
- The ability to carry out sales segments as assigned
- Sharp judgment
- Excellent technical skills
- The ability to work well independently
- Experience with live shots is required
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, and other office equipment
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift, including weekends and holidays as needed
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021