General Assignment Reporter
The Examiner-Enterprise/examiner-enterprise.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, seeks a general assignment reporter.
We’re looking for a candidate who knows how to ask great questions, dig for stories and moves quickly.
The ideal candidate will use both enterprise and daily reporting to tell the many stories of the people in the area communities.
The reporter will uphold the highest standards of journalist integrity and credibility. Basic photography and videography skills are needed.
- Creates coverage that accurately informs, engages, and entertains specific audiences and platforms using metrics.
- Collaborates with content team to provide all appropriate elements for stories (i.e., photos, videos, and graphics). Captures basic photos and video.
- Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
- Identify, produce and post stories, photos and video quickly and accurately across mobile, desktop and social media platforms.Research, report and produce compelling content that informs and engages readers.
- Build and execute content to drive audience growth across our network through increased subscriptions.
- Bachelor's or master’s in communications, journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A year of reporting experience preferred, but we’ll consider a recent graduate with all the right tools.
- Work samples that demonstrate storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Proven experience producing accurate reports under deadline pressure, in a style that resonates with mobile and social audiences.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to shoot basic photos and videos in a breaking news situation.
- Strong news judgement and ability to multitask.
- Strong command of AP grammar and style.
- Strong copy-editing skills and the ability to produce content that is clean, accurate and "publication ready."
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about news and content that will work well with audiences on social platforms.
- Is comfortable using social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to enhance reporting and promote stories.
- Understands reporting ethics and sourcing.
- Excels in a fast-paced news environment and understands the digital first mission.
- Collaborates well with others and can work with a team on the biggest stories.
- This role requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen and background check.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021