|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
South Dakota News Watch − a non-profit, nonpartisan online news organization − is seeking a full-time enterprise/watchdog reporter to join our award-winning team.
We are seeking an experienced, high-energy reporter who can produce weekly enterprise stories while juggling long-term, in-depth projects. We work remotely to cover statewide issues with an emphasis on public-service and explanatory reporting. Our ideal candidate has excellent news judgment, a drive to tell compelling stories, and a desire to grow as a reporter and writer. The candidate should be motivated to develop high-impact stories with clear writing and strong art and video. We value intellectual curiosity and an ability to generate strong story ideas. Position also requires an ability to manage social media accounts.
• A self-starter who can work remotely from a location in eastern South Dakota.
• A strong record of enterprise, watchdog, investigative reporting.
• Experience covering a wide range of issues.
• An ability to develop enterprise/watchdog stories with high impact.
• Has a proven track record of generating story ideas.
• A proficiency in finding, analyzing, and presenting data to tell a story.
• Strong writing and reporting skills with motivation to continually improve.
• Excellent news judgment and ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong multimedia skills including an ability to take photos and produce and edit video.
• An interest in working with graphics and video to create visual elements to stories.
• Strong knowledge of AP style.
• Degree in journalism with three years of relevant experience.
South Dakota is a beautiful state with a great mix of urban and outdoors lifestyle opportunities, a high qualify of life and no state income tax. South Dakota News Watch offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, paid vacation, medical and dental insurance and a retirement plan with company match.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and links to clips to Content Director Bart Pfankuch, South Dakota News Watch, firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 15, 2021.