||September 23, 2021
||Magazines / Publishing
||$40,000 to $45,000
Founded in 1970, we are the premier global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200. Tax Notes is the name of our publications. You can get an idea of our work at www.taxnotes.com. We’re a team that is passionate about bringing transparency to tax systems, and just as passionate about cultivating an environment that embraces collaboration and innovation.
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- relaxed dress code and pet friendly -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community. We're proud to have been named a Top Workplace in the D.C Metro area by the Washington Post, and a Top Workplace by Energage in 2021. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
Learn more about who we are - visit our LinkedIn Company page and our Top Workplace page. Scroll down to the end of the posting to see how our employees describe the culture of the Editorial team.
We are recruiting an Editorial Specialist to join our Editorial team!
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for proofreading news stories, special reports, and commentary. Editorial Specialist also checks citations and links for accuracy and adherence to strict print proofreading guidelines. May also perform more complex tasks. Works under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet editorial department objectives.
- Performs proofreading and light copyediting on in-house materials such as shells, summaries, news stories, special reports, etc. Checks for grammar, punctuation, clarity, style, and flow, ensuring conformity of format and style throughout.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established formats. Follows company style manual and AP style.
- Checks magazine cites for accuracy.
- Proofreads in Content Management System, PDF, and hardcopy.
- May perform more complex tasks, including doing a weekly board read on the flagship magazine before publication.
- Proofreads IRS transcripts.
- Adheres to established deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficient in use of style and grammar, with excellent attention to detail
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to quickly spot irregularities or errors in documents ready for final transmission
- Familiarity with form of style, such as AP
- Proofreads documents at a reasonable pace with a minimum of errors
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines
- Motivated and well-organized
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Office, electronic databases, and web searching preferred
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to meet strict daily and weekly deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated dependability through punctual attendance
- High school diploma or GED; college degree in English, journalism, or a related field highly preferred
- 1 year of proofreading or related editorial experience preferred
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021