|Date Posted||September 21, 2021|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Santa Fe New Mexican, an independently owned newspaper in New Mexico’s beautiful capital city, is seeking a versatile journalist to join its copy and design desk. At The New Mexican, we remain committed to community journalism and investigative reporting, and value copy editing and impactful presentation.
Newsroom experience is preferred for this position, but highly motivated graduates are encouraged to apply.
• Solid grasp of grammar, spelling and AP style.
• Good headline-writing skills and news judgment.
• Attention to detail.
• Comfortable with deadline pressure.
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Familiarity with web publishing and SEO.
• Familiarity with the BLOX platform by TownNews a plus.
This job is full time (40 hours), nights and weekends required, mostly in-office with some remote work, with benefits including paid vacation, health and dental insurance, 401(k) and a competitive salary.
The best part of this gig? You get to live in Santa Fe, a perfect blend of culture and natural beauty, where your office is minutes from hiking, skiing and world-class museums.
To apply, send your cover letter, résumé and a link to your portfolio or design samples to Deputy Managing Editor Brian Barker at email@example.com