||September 15, 2021
WGXA has an exciting opportunity for a part-time News Production Assistant!
- Operate the studio camera
- Operate the teleprompter
- Operate audio and graphics equipment
- Assist with the logistical setup of news segments
- Provide assistance to the Producers and other News Department Team Members to ensure the highest quality newscast possible
- Cross-train in all areas of studio work
- Perform production tasks necessary in the control room prior to each newscast such as testing the audio equipment, performing mic checks, checking the video levels, making sure On-Air Talent has scripts, etc.
- Clearly communicate with Master Control during live newscasts
- Cross-train in all areas of control room work
- Provide assistance in the control room to Directors
- Report problems that I incur on my shift to the appropriate Producers, Directors, or other News Department team members
- Report equipment malfunctions to Producers, Directors, or other News Department team members
- Be an active participant in the Production staff meetings
- Learn all aspects of production including:
- Studio cameras, audio, graphics, directing, and video editing
- Experience is not necessary, but education and/or internship in television or related field preferred
- Training will be provided
- Must be able to work on weekends and holidays
- Other hours as needed, on occasion
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021