||September 13, 2021
||$50,000 to $55,000
The American Institute of Steel Construction is looking for a content strategist and web specialist to join our communications team. This exceptional writer will work collaboratively to present compelling stories to strengthen AISC’s brand and further establish AISC as the thought leader of structural steel design and construction.
This person will work closely with AISC’s Web Manager but will focus more on writing and strategic projects than technical ones. She/he/they will join a small team that focuses on telling the dynamic stories of America’s fabricated structural steel industry, with the goal of increasing market share.
The Digital Communications Specialist must work out of AISC’s Chicago headquarters at least three days a week.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Draft compelling web copy
- Collaborate with other departments to develop content
- Curate and write the weekly Bulletin newsletter
- Create news articles for and manage ads on modernsteel.com
- Update content on the AISC website as needed. This includes supporting users and modifying content as requested by stakeholders as well as taking the initiative to propose suggestions for improvements.
- Oversee and execute strategic updates to aisc.org and other AISC websites. These may include new concepts for existing portions of these websites as well as working collaboratively with other departments to create new sections.
- Advocate for users (UI/UX)
- Compile, analyze, and share metrics on a regular basis to facilitate insightful, data-driven decisions. Be a data evangelist and proactively suggest ways to implement what we learn.
- Manage and improve SEO
- Coordinate all AISC award programs
- Write the monthly staff newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strategic approach to storytelling, regardless of platform
- Insatiable curiosity and a knack for learning concepts and tools quickly
- Must enjoy working as part of a team
- Ability to take direction, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact professionally with members, leadership, general public, and staff
- Creative approaches to execution
- Excellent eye for detail
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, new media, or similar preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write expressive, engaging, and clean content
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience with content strategy
- Experience in digital communications
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of web content best practices
- Experience with the following desired: Google Workspaces, JotForm, dataviz tools, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics
NOTE: ADDITIONAL MATERIALS REQUIRED
All applicants must send the following materials to email@example.com:
- Engaging cover letter
- A link to a portfolio of his/her/their writing for one or more web audiences (preferably for a client, but content for a personal brand is also acceptable)
- A link to a website he/she/they think highlights extraordinary online storytelling with a few sentences about what makes it effective
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021