||September 09, 2021
||Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media, Trade Publications
Food Safety Magazine is currently seeking a forward-facing Editorial Director to lead the brands ‘science-based solutions’ content acquisition, creation, and distribution across all digital and social platforms. Food Safety Magazine has been serving the industry for over 25 years and is well established as the industry leading brand and recognized global food safety influencer.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee editorial direction and content development for bimonthly eMagazine, website, eNewsletter, supplements, eBooks, and twice monthly podcast + bonus episodes
- Work closely with Editorial Advisory Board and other industry experts to maintain and advance FSM’s position as the industry leading brand.
- Solicit editorial feature contributions from industry experts, write features articles if necessary
- Work with publisher and sales staff to identify webinar topics. Recruit webinar speakers. Work with webinar staff to develop promotional materials for webinars. Serve as moderator/and or speaker for webinars
- Conducts podcast and video interviews
- Monitor industry activity; consults with industry experts and EAB
- Serves as brand and industry spokesperson at trade shows, conferences, and online events
- Prepare annual editorial calendars
- Work with Food Safety Summit event staff, the publisher, and the Food Safety Summit Editorial Advisory Board to develop the annual event educational program
- Work with publisher to enhance editorial engagement
- Work with sales and website staff to implement deliverables for custom content and native advertising
- Work with marketing to develop editorial highlights, promotional eblasts, and other associated content
- Work with publisher, sales, and editorial staff to develop eBooks and other custom publishing projects as necessary
• A degree in journalism with strong science training; or food science, chemistry, biology
• 5-10 years of progressive experience
• A portfolio of published/posted content (preferably for B-to-B communications)
• Strong editing, writing, communication, technical and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
• Knowledge of food safety processes and food manufacturing a definite advantage
Apply Online (select an option):
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you have listed on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021