||September 07, 2021
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for managing all products, platforms, and workflows that grow and deepen our membership and donor base.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a newsletter strategy that onboards subscribers, donors and members.
- Manage daily posting across all of MFP’s social media platforms and accounts in collaboration with our editorial and fundraising team.
- Keep abreast of trends, essential dates and trending stories for stakeholder engagement.
- Create video content for distribution across social media channels or be willing to learn this skill.
- Implement paid marketing strategies in collaboration with the Director of Revenue.
- Monitor donor and member engagement with the website and newsletter.
- Report monthly to the fundraising team on donor and member engagement.
- Plan and implement monthly donor events in consultation with the fundraising team. (These events are currently virtual).
- Uphold organization policies and standards.
- 1+ years of experience in digital marketing, social media strategy or related field
- Strong connection to Mississippi
- Shared values with MFP, including the value of journalism, racial justice, gender equity and systemic solutions
- Proven organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Deep understanding of emerging digital trends or willingness to learn quickly
- Compensation is $10,000 to $15,000 for a six month contract with the opportunity to move into a long-term role.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021