|Date Posted||September 03, 2021|
|Required Education||High School Diploma|
|Salary||$15 to $21 per hour|
Editor/Writer For Wordpress AZ Cycling Portal
The new Arizona Bicycle Association is publishing a comprehensive media portal dedicated to biking in the state of Arizona located at BikeAZ.org. We are looking for a talented content editor/re-writer to help run our new Word Press site. This is a telecommute contract job. American/western expats living abroad are encouraged to apply.
BikeAZ.org will soon be changing to a new theme and style modeled off of..
This is an outstanding opportunity for a journalism student or graduate looking to build his or her journalism and media editing/leadership experience. You will be running this site under the direction of a very experienced publishing director who will give you tremendous authority to run the site, make improvements while having tremendous say in the content strategy. We need a take charge professional who wants to grab the bull by the horns and build something special. This can be an incredible stepping stone to bigger things in your career.
You will be editing and creating a vibrant, niche state cycling media portal rich in quality, usable content.
Biking knowledge is great, but a real professional can pick that up. We need a strong writer and someone with the ability to run a site in Word Press. Word Press experience is highly valuable. However, a great candidate that is willing to learn it, will be considered.
Editor’s job will include:
1) Assisting in social media postings, being in charge of our Twitter account
2) Regularly posting, editing and search engine optimizing content – and improving existing content.
3) Creating content to post in other web sites. We want to share content and have it posted.
4) Corresponding with media, perhaps making TV appearances (if you are comfortable)
5) Corresponding with other media, city officials and readers
Readership Strategy/Goals/Strengths we need
1) Our aim is to increase our readership via Google, increasing our SEO presence. We will write relevant copy designed both to get more readers while increasing the time they spend inside of our site.
2) We aim to use social media draw more interest to BikeAZ.org. We want to use select plugins so that Twitter posts show up on our front page. Our publishing strategy is heavily centered around the web site.
3) The site will heavily focus on Tucson/Southern Arizona and Phoenix.
Skills we need:
1) You must be able to work quickly, accurately under tight deadline producing a lot of copy, while posting it in Word Press
2) Having Word Press experience is very valuable, but we can train the right person. IF you do not have WP background, you must be able (with our help) to learn this skill on your own. We are not asking you to design Word Press sites - only work within our structure. If you screw up, the senior developer will bail you out.
3) Having the ability to edit and resize images
4) You must be deadline driven
5) Having cycling knowledge is helpful, but a good editor can pick a lot of this up.
6) Video editing skills are helpful and if you can produce and create short, relevant YouTube clips on your own, please let us know. If you have an interest in vlogging, that is cool as well!
Job of Editor
Editor must be a very proficient writer who can write concise, keyword loaded copy that scores well in Google. Editor must also be proficient in rewriting copy, inserting quotes from select cycling experts, uploading the content into Word Press, positioning photos, writing relevant, keyword loaded captions, and keyword loaded title codes and page addresses.
This is a flexible part time contractor job that will require anywhere from 10 to 20 hours a week. When you are working you will be working online with senior staff, including our senior web developer in Bangladesh. You can more or less pick your schedule.
DOE - $15 to $21 an hour.
This is a permanent position part-time contract position.
We reply back to ALL inquiries.
Write a letter of interest, along with sending us your resume, telling us why we need you and how your skills fit to this opportunity. Tell us how our past experience applies. And, feel free to tell us your future ambitions and why this job may benefit you. You can even be honest and say, you have great skills, you can do the job very well and you just want to work!
Send your resume to this employer.