||September 03, 2021
As a general assignment reporter, the journalist role covers topics, news, accomplishments, events, and announcements that sustain and advance Babson's strong brand reputation. The journalist role creates and publishes print and digital copy for use on Babson's owned content channels, including Babson Thought & Action, Babson Magazine, and Babson social media channels.
- Participates in daily brainstorming sessions to establish goals for producing editorial content and art that advance Babson's strong brand reputation.
- Contributes to editorial and newsroom meetings by providing new and unique story ideas, providing feedback on others' ideas, and working with the content team to ensure that all facets of the Babson community and culture are represented in both print and digital content.
- Researches, reports, writes, fact checks, and publishes multiple assigned stories per week as assigned by the Editorial Director, and/or the Director and Associate Director of Content Strategy. Editorial stories include thought leadership pieces connected to current news trends; profiles of students, faculty, and alumni; news coverage of College events and announcements; and other creative pieces that amplify the College's strategic plan and objectives.
- Pitches and creates content geared to support and improve the College's SEO goals.
- Prepares stories and artwork for publication online in Babson's content management system (WordPress).
- Posts content related to assigned stories to Babson's social media channels after it has gone through the content approval process.
- Contributes articles to Babson Magazine as needed and directed by the Editorial Director, including researching, compiling, and writing the class news section of the magazine, both for print and digitally.
- Writes additional content, as needed, for Babson's primary website and other institutional needs.
- Stays informed about Babson programs and initiatives; tracks alumni developments and solicits news; follows trends in the business world.
- Helps manage alumni, parent, and campus requests regarding Babson Thought & Action and Babson Magazine.
- Attends events and happenings on campus, as needed, to determine coverage and story angles.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, or Communications
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021