|Date Posted||September 03, 2021|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Position Description: Print Production Manager (Remote)
Industry Magazines / Publishing
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Status Full-time
Flying has been serving the aviation community for 94 years and is the world’s most widely read aviation publication. We are rapidly expanding and are seeking talented people to join this exciting project.
We’re looking for an experienced specialist in print production to work with the Flying Media Group team on the revolution of our print offering—the flagship Flying magazine brand.
In general, we look for a high amount of creativity combined with a serious work ethic and the ability to strategize the best tools and methods to execute on a stunning product we’ll be proud to deliver to our fanatical pilot audience.
The position is remote with a couple of in-person meetups each year.
What you will be doing:
* Work with the Editor-in-Chief and Creative Director to design and execute a process of print production, including mapping, ad and edit collect, pre-press, photo retouching, quality control, and overall design.
* Take lead on the assurance of quality and accuracy of files for print.
* Manage the relationships with vendors and colleagues through remote collaboration.
* Incorporate updates to the process as technology evolves, ensuring an efficient process achieving a high-end result.
What you bring to the table:
* At least 10 years of experience in print production processes.
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism, art, design, or a similar field preferred, but not required.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Detailed knowledge of print production processes for magazine workflow.
* Fluency in associated software, including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator) plus PageHub (AdDesk), Publisher Studio, and similar tools.
* Ability to collaborate remotely with colleagues and vendors using Google Workspace tools.
* A knowledge of aviation strongly preferred—or a willingness to learn.
* Strong understanding of the value of print and optimization of information on the page.
* Understanding of digital media strongly desired in order to enhance collaboration and meet other needs within Flying Media Group.
Work from home
A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance
No set days off vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)