|Date Posted||September 03, 2021|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Position Description: Copy Editor (Remote)
Industry Magazines / Publishing
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Status Full-time
Flying has been serving the aviation community for 94 years and is the world’s most widely read aviation publication. We are rapidly expanding and are seeking talented people to join this exciting project.
We’re looking for an experienced copy editor, preferably with experience in aviation, to work with the Flying Media Group team in the production and execution of its print and digital offerings.
In general, we look for a high amount of creativity combined with a serious work ethic and the ability to strategize the best tools and methods to execute on a stunning product we’ll be proud to deliver to our fanatical pilot audience.
The position is remote with a couple of in-person meetups each year.
What you will be doing:
* Work with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editors to ensure the highest degree of quality of our print and digital media through accurate and timely copy edit processes.
* Take the lead on the assurance of the copy’s accuracy through diligent fact-checking and editing for grammar and house style, for both print and digital formats as needed.
* Manage relationships with colleagues through remote collaboration.
* Incorporate updates to the process as technology evolves, ensuring an efficient process achieving a high-end result.
What you bring to the table:
* At least 5 years of experience in copy edit processes for print magazine production.
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or a similar field preferred, but not required.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Detailed knowledge of copy edit processes for magazine workflow.
* Fluency in associated software, including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator) plus Microsoft Word, Pages, and similar tools.
* Ability to collaborate remotely with colleagues and vendors using Google Workspace tools.
* A knowledge of aviation strongly preferred—or a willingness to learn.
* Strong understanding of the value of print and digital media, and optimization of information on the page for both formats.
Work from home
A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance
No set days off vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)