||August 26, 2021
||Magazines / Publishing
Is the new Nest video doorbell better than Ring's? Which refrigerators should be on your shortlist if you're shopping right now? And does the way you put your favorite smoothie ingredients into your blender make a difference?"
Consumers Reports answers these questions and more for the over 15 million unique visitors who come to CR.org every month. We've been around since 1936, and we're always evolving to deliver lab-tested results for thousands of home and tech products and sound advice for consumers. (For answers to the questions above, see our story about the new Nest doorbell, our results from our refrigerator tests, and our guide to loading your blender for smoothies.)"
We're looking for an enthusiastic and creative reporter/writer to cover a wide range of topics that pertain to home and kitchen products, home maintenance, sustainability and more. As a staff writer on CR's Home & Appliance team, your work will leverage the product testing and expertise CR is famous for on CR.org and other platforms.
You will deliver high-impact service to readers by combining your reporting and packaging with the data and expertise from CR's labs, surveys, and more to produce original and enterprising content and grow and diversify our audience across multiple platforms.
- Reporting to the Associate Deputy Editor, you will research, pitch, report, and write home content to be published across a variety of platforms, partnering with members of other departments—data visualization, art, video, social media—to create compelling stories and packages.
- Follow the news as it relates to the beats and products you cover; interview internal and external experts; track market trends; translate industry data into compelling stories that will help readers.
- Tap into CR's numerous resources including testing, survey, and statistics operations to source ideas, analyze data, and produce stories.
- Serve as a key member of a cross-functional product-testing and content team.
- Act as a spokesperson or representative for external media requests, as well as on-camera subject matter expert for CR video platforms.
- Meet weekly digital article production targets.
- You're a tenacious reporter who has a genuine interest in a variety of topics related to the home.
- You're a self-starter who can work independently as well as collaboratively with other writers, editors, and members from a variety of departments outside of content.
- You have a passion for and experience with service journalism; you're enthusiastic about helping readers make informed choices and getting them the information they need to make the most of their home, keep their family safe, and spend their money wisely.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment (you will be working on multiple projects at once, likely across multiple platforms) and are capable of turning around engaging, well-written stories quickly.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent with experience writing, reporting, or editing.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/z18BN1uzKxngILQirdzR
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021