||July 22, 2021
Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street, a Boston-based food media company with television and radio shows, e-commerce, a magazine and cooking school, is seeking a web- and social media-savvy editor to oversee all social media platforms, our website and organic digital initiatives.
The Social Media Editor develops, executes and delivers digital content across Milk Street’s channels, including established and emerging social media platforms, our website and emails. This data-driven position plays a key role in social media engagement and growth, digital marketing and website management and optimization. The position works closely with the Associate Digital Content Editor and Video Editor; it reports to the Editorial Director.
- Work under the direction of the Editorial Director to devise and implement overall social media content strategy.
- Set the tone and pacing of all social media content, ensuring all platforms are frequently and appropriately populated to ensure the brand is well represented and allows for maximum user engagement.
- Create and optimize content that drives engagement with the brand and highlights our core content on a daily basis.
- Work with editors and managers across platforms to develop and optimize new social media-driven concepts that speak to our followers and reach new ones.
- Monitor emerging platforms, social trends and new opportunities, including syndication, partnership opportunities and new social media platforms.
- A minimum of five years guiding digital content and social media for a national brand
- An eagerness to propose and test new approaches to digital and social content as a means of driving engagement and growth
- A solid understanding of metrics and analytics and an understanding of how to use them to improve digital engagement and growth
- A culinary background and/or demonstrated interest in cooking
- A demonstrated knowledge of food media and Milk Street's brand
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Remember to include the position you’re applying for in the email subject line.
Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street is an equal opportunity employer. We offer paid vacation, major holidays off, half-day Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day and a competitive benefits package.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021