||July 22, 2021
WCIV is seeking a Master Control Operator to support our station in providing quality broadcast programming to the Lowcountry. The ideal candidate must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and demonstrate an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. You must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, and must be able to work on a team in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain programming logs as required by station management and meticulously record any deviations from the program log in the daily discrepancy report
- Ensures station compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements
- Is familiar with and ensures adherence to the FCC rules and regulations for broadcasters
- Import electronic traffic logs into the automation system, append them to the daily playlist, and checking timing and accuracy
- Ingest and prepare commercials and programming for air
- Monitor incoming and outgoing signals for strength, quality, and presence of audio, video, and closed captioning and reports any problems to appropriate engineering personnel
- Records hourly readings of transmitter, on-air, and facility information
- Broadcast operations including setting up, controlling, and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience
- On-air switching, dubbing, and transferring programs
- Gathering satellite and microwave feeds for broadcast use
- Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts)
- Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use
- Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, printers, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and re-prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Previous experience as a Master Control Operator is preferred
- Degree in Journalism or a related field preferred
- SBE Certified Television Operator (CTO) certification preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021