|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The award-winning Loudoun Times-Mirror newspaper and LoudounTimes.com, based in Leesburg, Virginia, is seeking a news reporter to work in our fast-paced, diverse county of more than 400,000 residents. Loudoun County is part of the Washington, D.C.–Arlington–Alexandria Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Required qualifications include:
• A tireless work ethic, devotion to the fact sand the ability to hold people in powerful positions accountable.
• A proven ability to quickly write accurate and compelling copy.
• Familiarity with AP style, shooting photographs and using social media to promote stories.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and have access to a motor vehicle.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills:
• Ability to shoot and edit video.
• Experience covering local government, politics, education or business.
• At least two years' experience in a professional newsroom.
The position is for 40 hours a week and offers competitive pay, vacation time and medical benefits. The reporter will produce between 6-10 stories a week. The opportunity for some teleworking is included, and schedules can be reasonably flexible. The Loudoun Times-Mirror is delivered weekly to more than 32,000 homes in Loudoun County, one of the fastest-growing and wealthiest counties in the nation. LoudounTimes.com, which is updated daily with breaking and feature news, draws thousands of daily visitors.
Please send a cover letter, resume with references and five published clips (links are fine) to LTMeditor@loudountimes.com. Include “reporter” in the subject line.