||July 20, 2021
||Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media, Trade Publications
The Custom Content Editor is the primary editor for special advertising sections and continuing education content within Architectural Record and Engineering News Record. The Custom Content Editor is responsible for the day-to-day editing and quality control functions for all special advertising sections and continuing education content. THIS POSITION CAN BE REMOTE OUTSIDE OF MICHIGAN
Engineering News-Record (National and Regional)
- Oversee all editorial content for special advertising sections in ENR national magazine and regional publications.
- Work as a team with sales staff on ENR to review samples, assign and manage all freelance writers for special advertising sections. Selection of those writers should ultimately be the responsibility of the Custom Content Editor.
- Work with clients, special sections manager, art director and production department to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage the workflow; serve as collection point for section content submissions, generally from writers but also from clients when a writer is not appointed. When working directly with clients, send out introductory email with SAS guidelines, content submission process, etc. and continue to communicate updates throughout the entire process.
- Manage the non-sales related documents and communications, including content submission schedules/deadlines and SAS style guidelines, updates, reminders, etc.
- Supply edited content to art and production for layout and facilitate section design.
- Copyedit/proofread using AP style and ENR style. Coordinate with the special sections manager, head editors and any applicable regional editor or salesperson to review and send feedback. Give final editorial approval before shipping sections.
- Write copy as needed, including introductions, headlines and captions.
- Work to create a more streamlined process for receiving and coordinating SAS digital edition creation, web posting and Customer Connection eBlast.
Goal: Produce high-quality, error-free special advertising sections from start-to-finish (content only) within deadline.
- Copyedit all new sponsored continuing education courses in AR, including CEU-related pages that appear in print and/or online at CE Center (supplied by art director or coordinator).
- Edit using Chicago style and AR style.
- Modify Word doc and/or use inCopy for editing.
- Review sponsored continuing education courses online.
Goal: Ensure editorial quality of print and online CEU courses, approximately 100 per year.
General Editorial Responsibilities
- Meet all editorial deadlines.
- Follow BNP Media’s code of ethics and editorial guidelines; maintain journalistic integrity.
- Manages content style guides for anyone submitting content, including freelancers, clients and agencies.
- Continuously look to provide updates that make the production process run more efficiently.
- Assist in developing a separate production schedule (“cheat sheet”) for the SAS team, including content submission deadlines for freelance writers, etc.
- Proof (and edit on PDF) Product Spotlight Ads in AR once they are laid out by art director and /or review and approve client submissions for advertorial as directed by production.
Additional Digital Products and Marketing Responsibilities
- Moderate sponsored CEU webinars for both ENR and AR.
- Edit all sponsored CEU presentations for both webinars and multimedia courses for quality control.
- Assist in creating copy or copyediting CE Center eNewsletters and other ENR advertising eNewsletters.
- Proofread ENR sponsored continuing education courses, articles and presentations for webinars and multimedia courses.
- Proofread in-house marketing materials related to CEUs or special advertising sections.
- Provide timely, courteous and superior customer service.
- Communicate regularly with manager, brand and department teams, AR and ENR publishers, and related support staff.
- Back up all materials and editorial files on a BNP Media server.
- Attend required BNP Media editorial training and webinars.
- Administrative duties as required.
- Adhere to all BNP Media policies as outlined in the staff manual.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
• College degree in journalism, English or a related field and minimum of two years of copy editing or proofreading experience.
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and any editing programs is required.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with webinar moderation/public speaking
- Experience with PowerPoint and Adobe InCopy preferred
Check us out at https://bcove.video/3sik039
Apply Online (select an option):
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you have listed on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021