|Date Posted||July 20, 2021|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
SOCCER WEB EDITOR
Seamans Media, Inc. — the leader in specialized sports media in the Northeast, with a
multimedia portfolio of six established regional print/digital properties — is expanding its
online content and looking to hire a full-time Soccer Web Editor, who will oversee all
aspects of — and write for — our New England Soccer Journal website.
The ideal candidate will:
*Possess strong knowledge of — and passion for — soccer at all levels, especially
colleges, prep schools and club programs in New England.
* Be a digitally-savvy, experienced and detail-oriented editor/writer who’s adept at
juggling multiple tasks while meeting regular deadlines.
* Be a strong writer, capable of regularly creating ideas/content on his/her own.
* Be a strong editor, both in planning/assigning stories and line editing, with an
extremely high attention to detail.
* Be experienced and knowledgeable with successful website management,
especially SEO, to drive traffic and subscriptions.
* Be a strong social media presence, able to create/adapt appropriate tone as
needed, and build and grow our audience.
* Be a self-starter, capable of managing his/her own workflow, as well as a small team
of web contributors.
* Be entrepreneurial with a strong sense of ownership and pride in his/her work, and
able to take broad direction and make the most of our soccer website’s
*Oversee every aspect of the NESJ website (nesoccerjournal.com).
* Plan and execute a comprehensive content plan, in collaboration with the magazine
editor, managing editor and publisher.
* Manage contributors (full-time, part-time and freelance), both writers and
photographers, and manage an editorial budget.
* Oversee and post all content:
* All web-only content (in season and offseason).
* All print magazine content.
* Sourcing photos for every web-only story, including galleries.
* Regularly write stories (primarily on club, college, prep/HS and others) tailored to our
target audiences as needed. Handle breaking news and fill any content gaps.
* Handle all social media for NESJ, including:
* Post all stories to both Twitter and Facebook, and occasionally to
* Build NESJ’s overall audience through engagement, posts and retweets.
* Reshare archived content, when appropriate or timely.
* Respond to all inquiries and direct to the proper company contacts.
* Send regular newsletters via ActiveCampaign (based on content flow, up to four
times per week).
* Familiarity with WordPress; Google Analytics; social media (Twitter, Facebook and
Instagram); Adobe Photoshop; Adobe InDesign; Dropbox; Vimeo.
To apply, include a cover letter, resume and appropriate samples of your work in an
email to email@example.com.
ABOUT SEAMANS MEDIA, INC.
Seamans Media, Inc., founded in 1995, is the leader in specialized sports media in the
Northeast, featuring a portfolio of six regional print/digital properties, reaching the world’s
most passionate and affluent sports markets. Based in Milton, Mass., Seamans Media
produces six print magazine titles, six websites and two TV shows:
* New England Hockey Journal (est. 1996) — hockeyjournal.com
* New York Hockey Journal (est. 2011) — NYHockeyJournal.com
* New England Lacrosse Journal (es. 2008) — laxjournal.com
* New England Baseball Journal (est. 2010) — baseballjournal.com
* New England Soccer Journal (est. 2013) — NESoccerJournal.com
* New England Ski Journal (est. 1996) — skijournal.com