||July 16, 2021
||up to $45,000
The College of Arts & Letters’ Office of Communications at the University of Notre Dame is seeking a dynamic, intellectually curious, creative, compelling writer and editor who is passionate about telling stories involving the arts, humanities, and social sciences. News and feature articles about students, faculty, and alumni are essential to the College’s marketing and communications efforts, showcasing the intrinsic and long-term value of a liberal arts education and how our research makes an impact in the world — and the writer/editor is a key producer of such content.
Under the supervision of the associate director, specific duties of this position include:
- Communicating key messages and achievements of the College through the researching, editing, and writing of news and feature stories for publication on College and departmental websites and newsletters as well as other Notre Dame news platforms
- Managing a series of alumni profile stories and faculty and graduate student Q&As — identifying potential candidates and assigning, editing, and publishing articles
- Assisting in the maintenance and updating of College and departmental websites, including writing and updating text, refreshing photos and videos, posting news stories, importing content from other sites, etc.
- Assisting in the creation and posting of content for the College’s social media accounts
- Assisting the College’s video producer in conducting interviews with undergraduate students
- Coordinating an annual recognition program for undergraduates completing a senior thesis project, including a reception, photo shoot, and a print and electronic presentation
- Contributing collaboratively to the Office of Communications’ multimedia projects, including print and digital undergraduate marketing materials, video series, websites, and more as needed
All applicants should provide a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or other liberal arts or related field
- 3 years of professional experience in writing, editing, publishing, marketing, public relations, digital media, or other communications fields
- Ability to write clearly, creatively, and persuasively on a wide variety of subjects, especially in a journalistic style
- Ability to interpret and organize complex information into copy that can easily be understood by the common reader
- Strong proofreading and fact-checking skills, including knowledge of AP style
- Ability to think abstractly and conceptually
- Experience in or familiarity with higher education, especially the liberal arts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and conduct interviews with faculty, staff, and students
- Strong planning and organization skills, including the ability to work with minimal supervision, juggle multiple projects, and meet regular deadlines
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and content management systems
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021