|Date Posted||January 11, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Epoch Times is seeking freelance reporters to cover topics related to China. The publication’s China news section is a flagship feature, at the forefront of covering the Chinese regime’s global ambitions, the latest issues affecting Chinese society and economy, and China-U.S. competition.
The ideal candidate would develop feature articles and pitch shorter-length pieces pegged to the latest happenings in the news cycle.
– Find and pitch stories of relevance to a national and international audience, ordinary Americans and China-watchers alike.
– Conduct interviews with experts and sources.
– Adhere to the Journalism Code of Ethics and The Epoch Times reporting guidelines.
– Chinese reading and listening comprehension skills are preferred but not required.
– Excellent research skills.
– Clear and concise writing, strong narrative skills.
– A proven ability to tell complicated stories in a thorough yet readable way.
– At least two years of journalism experience.
Send your resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and pitch an idea for the article you would like to write for us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.