||June 29, 2021
What You'll Do:
- As a member of the Culture desk, you’ll be the lead legal education reporter, responsible for a minimum of 5-7 articles per week, including at least one enterprise piece, on the key issues impacting legal academia, including law schools and the bar exam
- Keep your finger on the pulse on the key issues impacting law students and recent law grads
- Spearhead several major data-driven projects per year, including the Go-To Law Schools Rankings, which rank the top 50 law schools according to the percentage of their graduates who take associate jobs at the largest 100 firms each year
- Develop sources, establish and broaden a base of contacts in legal academia, including but not limited to law school deans and professors, law school administrators, law students, recent law grads and bar exam administrators
- Work well in a team environment with colleagues based around the world.
- Responsible for increasing traffic and engagement
- Establish a positive presence in the legal community and represent the organization in a knowledgeable, professional manner
- Ensure stated deadlines are met and the highest quality and value is achieved
- Must be team-oriented and have strong communication skills
- Other duties as assigned
About the Team:
As part of ALM’s global newsroom, the Culture desk covers the news, trends and issues affecting law schools and legal education, as well as work-life balance and lifestyle issues for the legal community. We’re focused on delivering breaking news, analysis and features on matters that impact law schools and the legal profession, including trends and issues at law firms.
- Must be able to write clearly, engagingly and authoritatively—and on a deadline.
- Must be able to establish and nurture relationships with law school administrators, professors, lawyers, judges, consultants, bar association officials, and lawmakers.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to juggle a stream of daily stories on tight deadlines with features and analysis.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must have good communication and time management skills and be a team player good at collaboration
- Must be able to take feedback and be adaptable
- Must be technologically adept and well-versed in social media, which you will use to monitor emerging issues impacting legal academics, as well as aspiring lawyers and recent law grads
- Must be creative, curious and enthusiastic about using social platforms, video, interactive data, and other digital tools to enhance reporting and connect with readers.
- Ideally, 2-3 years’ experience in a daily news environment and some experience with legal or business journalism is preferred, though recent grads are welcome.
- Must have a BA degree in relevant area of study
- Must have a strong interest in and aptitude for serving a legal audience with high-level law-related content
- Must possess excellent communication skills, including oral, written and public speaking ability
- Must possess excellent time-management skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional judgment and problem-solving skills, results-focused business orientation
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why you should join ALM...
- Generous Benefit Plans for Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage
- 401(K) Plan With Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days & Sick Days)
- Summer Fridays - Early Office Closure
- 10-12 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care & Medical Expenses
- Parental Leave
- Career Development Learning & Training Opportunities
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Coverage
- Corporate Discounts Including Gym Memberships, Gift Certificates, Sporting Events, Movie Tickets
- Flexible Work Schedules
ALM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, national origin,age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ALM complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Discover where your talent fits best at ALM…
At ALM, we’re reinventing the way professionals use information, news, data, marketing solutions and events to manage the business of business. That requires creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Headquartered in New York City and with offices worldwide, ALM brands have been serving their markets since 1843. Join our team of talented ALMers working to create an exceptional experience for our audiences and customers across the globe.
Who We Are...
ALM is a business-to-business information and intelligence media company that delivers premium content to professionals in the legal, financial services, benefits, consulting, property and casualty insurance, and real estate industries.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021