||July 22, 2021
Sinclair Digital is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA and Hunt Valley, MD. Sinclair Digital was formed in February of 2014 with the goal of making the nation's largest broadcaster a leader in digital media and content distribution on all platforms.
The Media Platform team provides foundational services, delivering ad supported, streaming video capabilities to our 200+ properties. These include our local news operations, sports operations, The Tennis Channel, and STIRR. These provide 24 X 7 news and entertainment to our nationwide audience. We are excited to be extending our current capabilities and helping shape the future of IPTV and Next Gen TV by creating standalone microservices, enabling a fast, stable, and scalable platform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design and develop code and leverage technology to maintain and extend our cloud-based platform services, strengthening the architecture, enhancing stability, reliability and performance of our components.
- Deliver incremental value to the business, our content producers and our audience through iterative improvements to our products and the way they are experienced.
- Demonstrate technical leadership within the Agile team, raising up your peers and team members, enabling the success of the team and the wider organization, while acting tactically to consistently deliver innovative, durable solutions.
- Lead and influence the architectural design of features that fully meet specifications whilst driving quality and embracing and extending existing policies, practices and design patterns.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively across impacted teams and stakeholders, working with customer support, engineering and operational teams to ensure systems are intuitive, secure, scalable, reliable, and performant.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase effectiveness and value by improving processes and practices around application deployment and management.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Experience designing and building highly scalable and reliable, event-based web services.
- Strong automation skills related to continuous integration and continuous delivery (tool agnostic) and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes.
- Expert skill in any of the following tools and systems: Docker/Kubernetes, GitLab, Amazon Cloud.
- Experience with Cloud Encoding workflows
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021