||July 22, 2021
Sinclair Digital is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA and Hunt Valley, MD. Sinclair Digital was formed in February of 2014 with the goal of making the nation's largest broadcaster a leader in digital media and content distribution on all platforms. In the past 5 years, Sinclair Digital has amassed a 100+person team of innovative leaders, designers, developers and testers that are launching digital properties and new brands on web, mobile, and ott devices that reach more then 40 million people every month.
Contribute to the most advanced technical solutions in the industry that meet industry-leading operational, technical, and software excellence standards. Work closely with peers and other disciplines to meet industry and corporate needs. Learn and grow as an engineer.
Key Result Areas:
- Writes purposeful code and comments in a clear and concise manner
- Organizes code in a logical fashion
- Interprets and translates designs and requirements into code
- Avoids code duplication by structuring reusable code into functions or objects
- Understands and properly uses memory management mechanisms and takes resource management into consideration when writing code or building infrastructure
- Avoids over-engineering simple or straightforward problems. Prefers "readability" over "cleverness"
- Works to avoid regressions when modifying existing software
- Resolves well-defined stories or bugs in a reasonable timeframe
- Follows the team's coding and testing standards and best practices
Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration:
- Actively listens and participates in team discussions
- Incorporates feedback from code reviews
- Contributes to documentation such as wikis and readme documents
- Follows up when blocked
- Participates in other contributor's code reviews
- Learns the tools the team uses (source control, build systems, frameworks, editors, etc.)
- Learns from team members and applies learning to their work
- Learns the tools and techniques necessary to grow toward SDE II
- Communicates effectively at team's standup
- Asks for guidance when necessary
- Communicates technical requirements effectively
- Communicates their understanding of acceptance criteria
Above the Line:
- Authentic Communication - listening more often than speaking; give speaker full attention and focus on their content rather then thinking about how to respond; ensure your own message is understood (ask for feedback); avoid ambiguous verbiage
- Constructive Negotiation - work collaboratively with your team and across the organization to move things forward in a constructive way
- Impeccable Coordination - ensure all key stakeholders are aligned and informed of progress towards goals and objectives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021