||July 22, 2021
WLUK has an immediate opening for a Morning Executive Producer to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance and accuracy in our market leading morning block, Good Day Wisconsin. The ideal candidate will lead news staff in the production of daily morning newscasts and special programming. You will work closely with producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Morning Executive Producer will lead by example.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include
- Oversee daily morning newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences
- Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review scripts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
- Manage news room and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
- Collaborate with News Director and Morning Content Manager and other station managers to create special segments
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- The ability to welcome change and lead others in effective change management
- Be an advocate of content for morning newscasts and display an eagerness to include breaking and changing news stories in the evelving news block
- Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
- Minimum of 2 years exp producing in a television news environment or equivalent
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021