||June 11, 2021
7 News in Washington, DC is in search of a proven leader who is a creative storyteller able to implement an aggressive multi-platform content strategy. You will join the fastest growing local news in the DC market which is a rewarding and challenging job. As part of our management team you must be an 'On Your Side' Brand Ambassador...embracing our impactful distinctive storytelling, breaking news and enterprising investigative news content. You must be able to support our newsroom that promotes and seeks diversity of thought in our editorial decisions on every level. Our viewing area covers Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia and we are committed to serving our diverse communities.
Our Multi-Platform Content Director will lead the development, and implementation of digital and innovative strategies for our content. You will work in collaboration with the team of journalists to grow our digital foot print and engagement with our mobile audience. We want a leader who will come to the table with digital solutions and inspire a creative brainstorming environment. Planning is a critical part of this position and the execution of the plan is equally important..
You will participate in strategic conversations and decisions about our content, marketing, and research for both of our stations 7 News and 24/7 News. You will lead our data-driven journalism efforts and help develop our OTT livestream and podcasting.
You will directly supervise our multi-platform content creators and assignment desk. We are a 24 hour news operation 7 days a week so expect to have flexible hours when needed.
Don't apply if you aren't detail oriented and focused on quality control.
- Monitoring reporter story development throughout every day part on all platforms
- Overseeing our website and apps to ensure quality control and 'On Your Side' brand compliance
- Reviewing copy and editing scripts and developing headline strategies for digital
- Working with the News Director and other News Managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the station's news brand
- Recruiting, hiring, scheduling and managing performance evaluations for your team
- Coordinating with other SBG group stations and our DC bureau for story sharing and collaboration
- Working closely with Producers, Reporters, Anchors, Assignment Editors and Photographers on daily 'On Your Side' news coverage
- A Proactive and great work ethic, to handle a 24 hour news operation
- Working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- CMS management skills
- Ability to plan and adjust personnel during breaking news
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify and solve operational issues, and provide efficient solutions
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Previous experience with data-visualization applications a plus
- Previous experience with Avid, iNews, Outlook and Excel spreadsheets preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021