||June 09, 2021
||Radio Jobs, Nonprofit
||$40,000 to $45,000
The Anchorage Reporter is responsible for reporting on local government, public policy and urban life in the largest city in the state and surrounding areas for Alaska Public Media; the source of NPR radio, PBS television for Southcentral Alaska and stewards of the statewide news service in collaboration with 25 public media partners. Anchorage is one of the most diverse cities in the nation and the Anchorage Reporter will be responsible for reflecting that diversity in stories that build trust and deepen and diversify the sources in our reporting. This is a chance for an ambitious journalist to report on a dynamic northern city at a high stakes time for everything from climate change to the post-pandemic economy. The reporter will be proficient in reporting, writing, editing, and preparing stories for radio, web and occasionally, TV. The reporter will uphold the highest journalistic standards and ethics and work professionally with Alaska Public Media colleagues and the public.
AKPM is the source for NPR radio and PBS television for Southcentral Alaska and stewards the public media statewide news collaboration.
The Anchorage Reporter will:
- Continually generate quality story ideas that go beyond basic news and delve deep into high stakes and engaging issues that will help determine the future of our region and state.
- Produce in depth and quick turn stories on the issues that resonate for audiences in and beyond Alaska.
- The reporter will be proficient in reporting, writing, editing, and preparing stories for radio, web and occasionally, TV.
- Meet deadlines, abide by AP style, and uphold the highest journalistic standards, adhering to AKPM’s code of ethics while working professionally with Alaska Public Media colleagues and the public.
- Capture audio, shoot photographs and video, and edit multimedia packages.
- Take part in various news, public affairs and election programs for radio, TV and Web.
- Periodically host morning news or other public affairs programs.
- Collaborate with other AKPM staff on various news and public affairs projects.
- Work comfortably in a team-based environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the above functions, the Anchorage Reporter will:
- Stay current with city government issues, including reporting on the Mayor’s office and Assembly meetings and actions.
- Understand and stay current with local military affairs.
- Report news and features on a wide variety of topics.
- Perform in a deadline-driven news environment.
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple media platforms.
- Work collegially in a team-based atmosphere.
- Adhere to professional journalistic styles and practices, including, but not limited to Alaska Public Media styles and rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021