|Date Posted||June 07, 2021|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Bakersfield Californian, an award-winning newspaper in California's Central Valley, seeks an experienced News Editor to guide reporters, plan and edit stories and join in our rich tradition of serving our community with important news and information. Our next News Editor must be adept at handling breaking news, daily and weekend stories, and be equally interested in serving our print and online audiences.
We just won the first place general excellence award from the California News Publishers Association in our circulation category for the second year in a row. .
Skills, abilities, and experience:
• A proven track record as a reporter and editor. We seek someone with a minimum of seven years of experience and a bachelor's degree.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Advanced knowledge of AP style and grammar.
• Knowledge of sports is a definite plus.
• Experience working in content management systems. Knowledge of TownNews and Blox is a plus.
• A competitive spirit, seeking to surpass our local competition, yet working collaboratively internally.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and at least five samples of work you have created or guided to Executive Editor Christine Peterson at email@example.com.