||June 04, 2021
Adweek is the leading source of news and insight serving the brand marketing ecosystem. First published in 1979, Adweek's award-winning coverage reaches an engaged audience of more than 6 million professionals across platforms including print, digital, events, podcasts, newsletters, social media, and mobile apps. As a touchstone of the advertising and marketing community, Adweek is an unparalleled resource for leaders across multiple industries who rely on its content to help them do their job better.
Senior Events Project Manager
Adweek is seeking a talented and experienced Events Project Manager with planning, executing and organizational skills to join our growing team and contribute to the success of our events both virtually and in person. The project manager will oversee several events or conferences simultaneously. This role requires excellent event-planning skills along with the ability to define project milestones, deadlines and coordinate across several teams ensure a successful and enjoyable event that meets organizational goals and expectations.
The Project Manager will report directly to the VP, Strategic Operations
- Develop and maintain full-scale, detailed project plan to be used in tracking project milestones and deliverables.
- Facilitate recurring kick-off meetings, event status meetings, postmortems and dry runs
- Expected to attend in person and virtual events and assist wherever help is needed
- Identify critical path and dependencies with other departments, cross functional resources, or 3rd party contractors.
- Ensure that the event stays within the defined scope and budget while providing scope and budget updates throughout the project lifecycle to customer and key stakeholders
- Assist with the customer event experience which may include coordination of content delivery and event production, organizing exhibitor/sponsor requirements, reporting and quality assurance.
- Managing the virtual experience and ensuring all platforms are working correctly throughout the event.
- Continually keep up-to-date on virtual event technology, and capabilities to assist clients during virtual business solutions
- Respond with a sense of urgency to problems escalated to employee's level
- Document, evaluate and update processes to increase efficiency and a streamlined approach.
- 5+ years Previous experience as a Project Manager / Event Planner in a complex, global organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, may substitute appropriate experience and/or Project Management certification in lieu of degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and Project
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Self-driven and a quick learner with strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of the events marketing discipline.
- Demonstrable ability to be accountable for project management and budget management.
Adweek is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply Online (select an option):
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you have listed on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021