- Reports to: Vice President, Digital Strategy
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: Digital Strategy
- Position classification: Exempt, full time; Union - Level 5
- Minimum compensation: $62,000
American Progress seeks a highly motivated Senior Manager of Digital Engagement and Audience Retention to effectively engage strategic audiences, including policymakers, advocates, experts, and more, to support distribution, marketing, and fundraising in advancing the organization’s mission.
The Senior Manager serves as chief subject matter expert on email marketing strategy and execution and will work ongoing with counterparts who offer expertise in social media, audience acquisition, digital fundraising, data strategy, and more. As part of the larger Digital Strategy team, this position will collaborate extensively with diverse communications, editorial, strategy, and policy teams to continually improve audience retention across digital channels including websites, email, and social media and contribute to digital strategy efforts across silos.
The ideal Senior Manager would offer a combination of creative, technology, and marketing experience along with proven success leading projects within policy change organizations. Likewise, candidates for this position should value the comradery that comes with being a part of a progressively minded and socially conscious organization such as American Progress.
American Progress is an independent, nonpartisan policy institute that is dedicated to improving the lives of all Americans through bold, progressive ideas as well as strong leadership and concerted action. The organization’s aim is to change not just the conversation but also the country. The Digital Strategy team at American Progress is responsible for developing and operationalizing strategies to reach and engage the organization’s target audiences through digital channels such as web, social media, and online marketing. The team works closely with an extensive roster of highly respected resident thought leaders, policy professionals, and various functional groups in the organization in order to formulate and implement effective digital content strategies to connect with our audiences.
- Manage a busy cross-team email calendar of newsletters, event invitations, fundraising, advocacy emails, and more. This includes balancing the priorities of multiple stakeholders without oversaturating email audiences; assigning and overseeing production work, as well as participating in production.
- Coordinate email content distribution across CAP, from our weekly flagship newsletter to issue-specific newsletters and event invitations to fundraising appeals and action alerts. This includes coordinating email producers on the digital team as well as training staff across the organization in creating content and maintaining high-quality audience segmentation and production processes.
- Work with teams and stakeholders to identify communications and strategic goals—including projections—and to measure progress against them to tune strategies and outputs.
- Stay up to date on email marketing and digital engagement best practices; make changes to vehicles, practices, training, and processes accordingly; and communicate opportunities to colleagues.
- Consult ongoing with the Events team concerning best practices and opportunities in event marketing and distribution in concert with colleagues from adjacent expertise’s (e.g., social media, content strategy, acquisition, and advocacy) within the Digital Strategy team and across the organization.
- Regularly report out on digital engagement and audience retention statistics, in collaboration with the Analytics team and others, at the organizational level as well as at the policy and functional team level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five to seven years of experience in digital and email marketing
- Broad understanding of digital engagement strategies with specific expertise in email marketing principles to maintain and increase audience engagement and retention across all channels.
- Strong project management experience and proven ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities, including but not limited to outreach campaigns, email template creation and enhancements, and website executions.
- Expert-level experience using marcom technology platforms such as Engaging Networks, Convio, or Salsa
- Proficient in data hygiene practices, retention measurement, and email deliverability and engagement analytics
- Proficient with HTML, image editing, and writing for marketing, especially in a digital setting and/or involving knowledge-, expertise-, or policy-based products and services
- Broad range of experience working with CRMs, CMSs, and analytics packages
- Excellent communication skills with both internal stakeholder and colleagues as well as external strategically identified audiences
- Excellent troubleshooting skills pertinent to ongoing email delivery and marketing in-take of audiences through digital channels
- Strong organizational, leadership, and decision-making abilities, including goals and projection setting, and a proven ability to navigate ambiguity and change.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70 and has a starting salary of $62,000.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021