- Reports to: Director of Digital Engagement
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: CAP Action War Room
- Position classification: Exempt, full time; Union - Level 4
- Minimum compensation: $56,000
American Progress has an immediate opening for an Email Manager to join CAP Action’s growing Digital Strategy team, focused on using CAP Action’s digital channels to build the case for progressive policies, values, and candidates. With Americans facing a greater onslaught of news and media content than ever before, it has never been more important to build hypertargeted engagement strategies to break through the clutter and reach key audiences. A strong candidate for this role is a team player who has experience in digital communications and an interest in leveraging email to grow, educate, and engage audiences.
We are looking for someone who understands the technical aspects of email marketing as well as experience using email to reach and engage different audiences effectively. Candidates should be comfortable brainstorming content ideas and writing compelling copy for a variety of progressive issue campaigns and projects. The candidate must be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, where they will need to multitask, set priorities, and quickly produce engaging content. Political acumen, sensitivity to the complexities of policy issues, and the ability to engage with communications and policy experts are musts.
- Manage email strategy and execution for CAP Action, including content planning, audience
- segmentation and testing, email coding and setup, and building forms and landing pages.
- Draft email copy for a variety of sends, including CAP Action’s newsletter, The Progress Report.
- Work with the Digital team and Communications team leadership to ensure that the email strategy reinforces CAP Action’s brand and amplifies key messaging and content.
- Develop and maintain CAP Action’s email calendar.
- Track email performance, work with the Analytics team to produce performance reports, and establish testing strategies in order to optimize CAP Action content.
- Help develop and execute acquisition efforts, managing outside vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with the Communications, policy, and creative teams to translate policy ideas into engaging email copy, video scripts, and other content formats.
- Work closely with the Digital, Communications, Story Bank, and Campaigns teams to ensure that content is tailored to the audiences CAP Action is trying to reach.
- Help brainstorm innovative and creative digital content ideas that help move the needle on CAP Action’s core fights and resonate with its target audiences.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of professional experience in email marketing or digital communications, ideally at a nonprofit, public policy, or political organization.
- Excellent writer with strong proofreading skills and sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Strong ability to quickly synthesize complex policies and important political moments into content and engagement opportunities.
- Familiarity with CRMs such as EveryAction, Blue State Digital, ActionNetwork, or Engaging Networks.
- Knowledge of email design best practices.
- Experience setting up, coding, and sending mass emails using basic HTML is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or similar content management systems.
- Well-versed in email metrics reporting, with experience tracking and using metrics to inform strategy.
- Experience working in fast-paced advocacy or electoral environments.
- Experience deploying timely content during rapid-response scenarios.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders.
- Open to developing new skills and experimenting with new strategies and tactics.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $56,000.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021