The purpose of this position is to create compelling content that will engage their audience, enhance the reputation of the brand, and add value to the HIMSS global membership. The Editor will support the Managing Editor of Innovation and Pharma in running and growing editorial products related to Innovation and Pharma, including the MobiHealthNews website and newsletter. The Senior Editor will take point on working with freelancers and possibly internal resources to fill out the site and newsletters.Preferred location is Cambridge, MA.
- Monitor primary and secondary sources to track subject specific news.
- Pitch and write news and enterprise stories.
- Keep track of trends in the industry and write enterprise pieces that explore or reference those trends.
- Edit freelancers’ and peers’ work to ensure that it is accurate and meets editorial standards and style guidelines.
- Source and edit contributed content and liaise with contributors.
- Support the launch of new HIMSS content-based products and services, including multimedia content and editorial newsletters.
- Write and report high-quality original content, including articles, videos, and podcasts.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
- Engage in public activities, such as moderating panels and contributing to our live and digital events businesses. Maintain an onscreen presence with HIMSS TV.
- Travel to events and attend local events to cover or participate.
- Take on delegated tasks from the ME as assigned, including, potentially, ownership of narrative newsletters, podcasts, or video series.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media, Communication, Journalism or English, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated success in writing original content and meeting daily deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; effective listener.
- Strong editing and copyediting skills. Familiarity AP style, SEO best practices and emerging tools used for digital content presentation.
Why we love HIMSS, and why you will, too:
- Our talent anywhere philosophy allows employees the flexibility to work virtually on an as-needed or permanent basis.
- Competitive, comprehensive healthcare coverage.
- Generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer!
- 401K with employer match and profit sharing.
- Be Well! Lifestyle reimbursement program.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development programs.
Are you a Changemaker?
We’ll do amazing things for healthcare.
HIMSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Vets/Disabled
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021