||June 01, 2021
Project Syndicate is seeking an Associate Editor (AE). This is a full-time position reporting to our Managing Editor and Chief Operating Officer. The primary responsibility of the AE will be to edit standard length opinion commentaries and, as needed, longer-form content such as book reviews and interviews. The AE will also be responsible for writing headlines, tag lines, short summaries, and social media posts, and may be tasked with editing and curating features on the PS website and newsletters on an ad hoc basis.
- Editing 800-1,000-word opinion commentaries and, on occasion, longer-form content
- Writing headlines and social media posts for edited commentaries
- Evaluating and managing unsolicited submissions
- Assisting with some (minor) website administration and curation of editorial features
- Occasional editing, curation, and production of editorial newsletters
- Other ad hoc editorial tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum four years of experience in an editing/copy-editing capacity
- Well-developed writing ability in US English at a native level of proficiency
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, news-driven environment
- Flexible schedule (evenings and weekends when required)
- Strong knowledge of world affairs, economics, and public policy
- Passion for news and commentary
- Minimum four years of journalism experience in an editing capacity
- Experience with a CMS and email marketing client (e.g., Mailchimp)
- Social media fluency
- Full-time position
- Remote work
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic organization
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021