||May 24, 2021
Infrastructure Investor has a rare opening for an enterprising senior reporter in its New York office.
You will be joining this market-leading team at a pivotal time for private capital infrastructure investment in the Americas, particularly in the US, where infrastructure is front and centre thanks to the Biden administration’s American Jobs Plan. The successful candidate will be expected to help drive and expand our market-leading coverage of the region, becoming the magazine’s ambassador in the Americas.
Our journalists connect deeply with the markets they cover, delivering expert news, analysis and information not available elsewhere. It’s not enough for our journalists to simply report what happens; they must be able analyse to how and why news matters for our discerning, high-level audience that comprises the world’s most influential institutional investors, leading fund managers and advisors across alternative asset classes including private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt.
We are looking for ambitious individuals seeking to advance their career in one of the most dynamic segments of global finance by joining a growing, global media company. The reporter will be one of six journalists focusing exclusively on the Infrastructure Investor product, sitting within PEI Media’s wider team of 50 private markets-focused journalists and researchers.
- Produce a mix of daily news, multimedia and analysis items for the website and regular assignments for the magazine.
- Pitch content ideas.
- Cultivate a network of trusted sources among senior industry practitioners.
- Travel and attend industry and PEI-organised events.
- Host and moderate live discussions at PEI events.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand in the Americas.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Business journalism or related/relevant experience.
- Proven ability to develop a network of senior professionals.
- Breaking off-diary stories.
- Writing market analysis.
- A track record of producing impactful content.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
- Infrastructure and/or private markets experience.
- Multimedia skills (infographics, podcasts, video).
- Writing opinion pieces.
- Moderating panels/webcasts.
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility.
- A team player, recognising the need to collaborate to deliver on the product’s mission.
- Comfortable operating in a grown-up working environment where regular feedback is provided.
- Ability to learn on the job and progress quickly.
- Resilient under pressure – able to remain focused in the face of multiple competing priorities and ensure key deadlines.
- Diplomacy: able to display multi-faceted communication skills in a persuasive, but diplomatic way to ensure that outstanding results are achieved, and the right deadlines and initiatives get prioritised.
- High degree of personal pride in own and company work, constantly striving to improve motivation.
- Highly goal-focused and motivated by achieving high personal standards in all aspects of work – ambitious to meet own personal and organisational goals.
- Desire to be part of a dynamic business with high growth expectations.
- Keen to stretch self and develop career at PEI.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021