||April 16, 2021
||Magazines / Publishing
5280 Magazine is seeking an assistant food editor to join its award-winning staff. The ideal candidate should be an ambitious, enthusiastic, creative, collaborative junior editor, who has a passion for Denver’s dining scene, storytelling, and magazine making.
- Researching, reporting, and writing stories for the Eat & Drink section, for 5280’s annual dining features, and for 5280.com
- Fielding story pitches, managing print and digital freelancers, and uploading digital posts to a CMS on a daily basis
- Performing meticulous editing and fact-checking for web and print content
- Overseeing all aspects of the Dining Guide online and in print
- Contributing to and/or generating online-only dining content, like living lists (such as Denver’s best burgers)
- Using website analytics to identify trends and enhance content performance and traffic
- Collaborating with 5280’s social media coordinator to curate promotional content related to Eat & Drink stories
- Attending restaurant-related and industry events, many of which take place outside of normal working hours
- Mentoring and training a dining intern
- Two years of experience at a print or digital publication (this can include internships)
- Reporting and writing short- to medium-length pieces for a lifestyle publication
- Implementing web content best practices, including SEO
- Multitasking and performing well under tight deadlines
- Thinking creatively and working collaboratively
- Demonstrating strong communication skills
- Generating ideas and molding them into story concepts
- Responding positively to peer feedback
- Health insurance (FSA, FSA dependent care, HSA options, Teledoc)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Public transportation or parking subsidies
- Fitness club membership option
- Paid time off
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
5280 Magazine is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds and life experiences to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resumé, four PDF work samples, and three fully fleshed-out dining story pitches specific to 5280’s readership with the subject line “Assistant Food Editor” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply Online (select an option):
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you have listed on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021