||April 15, 2021
WKEF in Dayton, Ohio has an immediate opening for Executive Producer to help oversee news content on all platforms for overall fairness, balance and accuracy. The ideal candidate will oversee production of newscasts and produce special programming. You will work closely with producers, reporters, and news anchors on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include
- Oversee daily newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences
- Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review scripts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
- Manage news room and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
- Collaborate with producers, directors, reporters, and anchors on creative showcasing
- Collaborate with producers on creating and producing digital content
- Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to produce special segments
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Produce newscasts as needed
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
- Minimum of 4 (years exp) producing in a television news environment or equivalent
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021