|Date Posted||April 13, 2021|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires, Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$75,000 to $80,000|
Our company is a forward-thinking family-owned media company that takes a great deal of pride in delivering micro-local news and information to the communities we serve. We seek an individual who will join our executive team and bring a fresh, creative approach to building our audience
Are you creative? Are you versed in reaching readers and subscribers with a multi-faceted digital and print approach? Do you want to run your own show?
If so, we want to talk to you!
The Hagadone Media Group's North Idaho and Washington Newspaper Group seeks to fill an executive-level position that directs our company's circulation sales and strategic audience development initiatives.
The position reports directly to the Regional Publisher. The individual will be responsible for providing direction on subscriber acquisition and retention, the leadership of a sales team aimed at growing the audience, coordination of audience growth efforts with other departments, and other supervisory duties, as assigned.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
The Audience Development & Sales Director is directly responsible for growing digital and print circulation by retaining current customers, gaining new customers, and improving the newspaper's single-copy sales.
Daily Job Duties:
· Collaborate with the Regional Publisher and local product managers to develop promotions that will grow print and digital audience and campaigns that will increase customer retention.
· Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual circulation goals.
· Ensure tracking and monitoring systems are in place to effectively measure customer service retention programs and their productivity.
· Hires, directs, motivates, supervises, trains, and acts as a mentor to personnel in the customer service and circulation sales areas.
· Select and manage vendors for telemarketing, kiosk, door sales, and other pressured starts.
· Manage kiosk events and hire staff to man kiosk.
· Manage existing and new single copy & vendor relationships in all coverage areas.
· Work with retailers and event promoters to maximize opportunities for our newspaper kiosk efforts.
· Maintain and present weekly sales accountability reports.
· Provide excellent customer service to our readers by analyzing their account information and resolving any issues with an amicable solution.
· Plans, prepares, and conducts new employee and in-service training efforts.
· Incentivize growth.
· Oversee sample programs.
Ongoing job duties:
• Collaborate with other leaders Website & Audience Growth Strategies
• Collaborate with other leaders on North Idaho and Washington Newspaper App Strategy & Marketing
• Collaborate with other leaders Social Media Strategy (FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) as they relate to our audience
• Newsletter Management and subscriber Acquisition
• Unit sales (physical and digital subs) Marketing Strategy
• Collaborate with distribution leaders on distribution strategies (waiting rooms, lobbies, airport, new mover packages, etc.)
• Collaborate with other leaders Market Research & Supporting Demographic Information gathering
• Market presentation oversight - Technavia management, etc.
• Database familiarity & maximization of the data assets (direct mail, email marketing, etc.)
Send your resume to this employer.