||April 08, 2021
This is your chance to be part of an amazing team and to support a Washington, D.C.-based national newscast. We are seeking a dedicated Director for our newscast. Experience directing live news, editing, graphics and television operations essential. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives - but that they cannot find anywhere else.
This is a highly collaborative environment. Candidates must work well as a member of a team.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Direct and TD any assigned live newscasts and productions for national shows
- Create graphics daily using technical tools
- Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, etc.
- Supervise production crew on a daily basis
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience working in a commercial news operation
- Working knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Experience with SONY operating systems and control boards preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to lift & position forty-pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021