||April 08, 2021
As Meteorologist, you will be responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. You will issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events. You must be able to utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories. You will be expected to produce content on a variety of platforms including, internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, in addition to television. You must have excellent time management skills. The ideal candidate will have proven skills in social media.
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms
- Issue warnings and alerts
- Produce graphics and maps
- Report live during weather events
- Forecast, produce, and present clear and concise forecasts that connect with viewers
- Developing content and graphics for on-air, web, and extensive social media
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Working with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations on-air and digital platforms
- Report from community events and breaking news
- Be part of the news team ensemble where you will do non-weather things like trending topics, community events, interviews and traffic, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous on-air experience presenting weather and news information is required
- Extensive digital savvy
- Excellent writing skills
- Previous Baron and WSI experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of how to maximize the Baron weather system to create distinctive graphics presentations every day
- High energy and engaging personality
- Willingness to come in off duty when severe weather threatens our area
- Team player. Someone who understands it's about the team, not one individual
- Proven track record of covering severe weather on-air and on digital
- Proof of strong social media engagement
- Meteorology degree required, national accredited weather seals preferred
- Proven ability to effectively report live in the field
- Willingness and ability to work any shift assigned
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021