Consumer Reports, one of the world's most influential mission-driven testing and media organizations, reaches more than 15 million unique visitors through CR.org every month.
CR is looking for an enthusiastic and creative editor, focused on the development of the Home & Appliance division's content strategy. As an editor on the Home team, you'll work closely with our team of in-house writers and editors to deliver best-in-class, reader-focused service content across multiple platforms.
We've been reporting on critical consumer issues since 1936, and this work matters now more than ever.
- Work closely with the Home Content Team Leader, editors, writers, and other stakeholders.
- Help develop and execute the content strategy for the wide range of topics that pertain to home and kitchen products, home maintenance, sustainability, and more. We cover everything from the best mattresses of the year and buying a home for the first time to reviews of notable new products or how to load a blender for the smoothest smoothie.
- Assign, edit, and produce content for print, digital, video, and social platforms. Ensure team's coverage is excellent, creative, and useful.
- Manage and mentor staff writers, helping them improve the quality of their work while also overseeing delivery of timely, accurate content.
- Partner with other teams across our organization (test engineers and market analysts, as well as members of our survey, advocacy, statistics, communications, design, and other teams) to make on-strategy, data-driven content recommendations.
- Act as an in-house home spokesperson or representative for external media requests, as well as on-camera subject matter expert for CR video platforms.
- Move content through the production process with ease and accuracy, incorporating changes, working with art and production teams, preparing sourcing for fact checking, and more.
- Pursue in-depth reporting and writing projects, as necessary.
- You have exceptional communication and project management skills.
- You have extensive editing experience, and experience managing and mentoring writers.
- You have a passion for service journalism; you're enthusiastic about helping readers make informed choices and getting them the information they need to make the most of their home, keep their family safe, and spend their money wisely.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can easily balance large and small projects and deadlines running concurrently.
- You're organized and detail-oriented.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021