||March 29, 2021
Fierce is seeking sharp and eager journalists to join our expanding team.
We’re veterans in the biotech, medtech, pharma and healthcare worlds, and we’ve covered the pandemic players for years. But we need more staffers to chase the news, analyze it and bring it home for our audience.
The ideal candidate can operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment; communicate seamlessly with companies, regulatory agencies and colleagues spread out across the globe; and work with an experienced team of business journalists who pride themselves on providing breaking news and thorough analysis in a fresh, relatable way.
This position will be integral in fielding and advising on data reporting in the newsroom. We're looking for someone with a commitment to editorial quality, a passion for social media and a proclivity for massaging and analyzing data—and the desire to have a little fun with what they do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with editor in chief and senior editors across the group on website strategy, style, and processes.
- Develop and produce reports to mine reader insights and intents, track subject line performance, story traffic and reader mix.
- Add to and upgrade image library and optimize new images for SEO.
- Work with fellow editors to develop an updated social strategy. Lead efforts to execute that strategy. Manage Twitter and LinkedIn feeds and track analytics on those platforms. Develop regular Twitter chats.
- Work with graphics team to develop graph and chart templates. Design and produce graphs, charts and other data depictions for daily news and long-term features on the Fierce sites.
- Conceive and execute longer-term data projects.
- Monitor, improve and update home pages, section fronts and article pages for Fierce Biotech, Fierce Pharma and Fierce Healthcare. Maintain catalog of keywords and topics.
- Participate in teamwide special features, conference coverage and life sciences and healthcare events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 1 year experience (this includes internships) in online journalism
- Degree in journalism, communications, English or another writing-intensive major, preferably with graphics training, or marketing and data analytics background.
- Experience developing charts, graphs and other data visualizations.
- Strong writing and analytical skills and knowledge of AP style
- Good organizational skills and the ability to oversee projects from conception to delivery.
- Professional social media and SEO experience a plus.
- HTML and Google Analytics skills are also pluses.
- Most importantly, a positive attitude, “Fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our professional readers each day
Come join our talented group of writers and editors who enjoy our work—and working together. We believe we’re fielding the best team we’ve ever had, and we want you to be a part of it.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and five published clips, including features and deadline news to Tracy Staton at email@example.com.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021