||June 10, 2021
U.S. News & World Report is a digital-first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for all consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position, you will use your strengths and skills to help readers choose the best credit card or loan for them.
You’ll be responsible for editing and updating credit card and lender profiles; core guides on topics like debt consolidation loans, student loans, mortgages, rewards credit cards and balance transfer credit cards; and other content to support our credit cards and loans personal finance products. By employing journalistic judgement and search engine optimization best practices, you’ll also have the opportunity to help guide our coverage in this area.
Are you up to the challenge?
- You should be a nimble editor who is skilled at juggling several assignments at once.
- As part of the job, you’ll edit and update the credit cards and loans “best” list content for flow, consistency, tone, audience, brevity, accuracy and SEO. Responsibilities also include fact-checking, testing pages associated with our lists to ensure error-free work and writing short-form profiles.
- This position involves working closely with an enthusiastic, highly collaborative team of editors in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
You should definitely have:
- 2-4 years of professional editing experience at a media company
- Strong copy editing skills
- Strong writing skills
- Experience employing SEO best practices
- Experience analyzing data and incorporating data into content
- Ability to edit content for multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Experience editing in a content management system
- Expertise and prior experience using AP style
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve content and better engage our audience
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Journalism or related degree or equivalent experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with project management
- Experience covering personal finance, credit cards or loans
- Experience using Google Docs and Sheets
- Familiarity with SEMRush
- Experience with traffic analytics tools
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement and training
- Collaborative work environment – fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please note that we will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
- Submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021