|Date Posted||March 22, 2021|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Are you looking for a company that embraces innovative ideas and talented people? We want people with a passion for what they do, and who view building a sustainable business committed to high-quality journalism as a mission. The Ecommerce Reporter at Advance Local will produce user-focused “how-to” and “best/guide” content across various topics and platforms that meets audience demand for immediacy, depth and engagement. A successful candidate embraces data and how it can guide content creation and ideas for sharing/syndicating across affiliates and Advance Local’s large audiences to make informed purchases that enrich their lives.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create compelling content that informs readers in all phases of their shopping journey, from browsing to researching to making a purchase.
2. Use data and analytics to guide content decisions, creating stories that reach large audiences and drive affiliate revenue.
3. Collaborate with other ecommerce writers, local editorial teams and the enterprise affiliate marketing team to provide the most useful and engaging experience for readers.
4. Employ best practices in search engine optimization, social promotion and use of Advance Local’s content creation tools and CMS.
5. Provide content curation and topical link-posting that save readers time and effort.
6. Use all available tools to stay on top on your beat, including Google alerts, Twitter and RSS feeds, Google Analytics, listening tools like Crowdtangle and shopping data from Skimlinks, Amazon and other sources.
Our office is located on the beautiful waterfront in Jersey City with access to all transit from New York or New Jersey. Remote work location is also a possibility in Company approved states.
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media includes MLive Media Group, Advance Ohio, Alabama Media Group, NJ Advance Media, Advance Media NY, MassLive Media, Oregonian Media Group, Staten Island Media Group, ZeroSum, The Alpha Group, Headline Studio, PA Media Group, and our Enterprise Digital Innovation team.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.