||February 23, 2021
BridgeTower Media is a leading publisher of niche newspapers with properties across the country. Our home furnishings division includes Furniture Today, Casual Living, and Home Accents Today. We are looking for an Associate Editor to work in our Greensboro, NC office.
This position is responsible for writing copy, investigating stories, speaking at conferences and events, and communicating industry trends to a Furniture Industry audience (via print magazine, online magazine, blogs, online newsletters, social media content, features, news, product descriptions, and other as needed) in the B2B publishing community.
- Travel to industry conferences and trade shows (determined by the strategic plan and/or audience needs – at a minimum 6-8 times annually) to meet with vendors, wholesalers, and retailers, preview new products, and write coverage relevant to the event;
- Act as a primary writer, including a regular column, blog, feature stories, posting to social media and websites, write news and product descriptions. Cover assignments and editing for other writers when applicable;
- Work with the writing and editing team to create or drive editorial direction for the leading Furniture Industry publication;
- Speak and moderate panels at industry and company conferences and events including help creating agendas on relevant topics;
- Help to produce daily/other e-newsletters or articles with 5-10 topical industry news items, as well as breaking news when appropriate;
- Conduct page proofing when required;
- Create in-depth coverage pieces that may require investigative journalism skills, with the ability to synthesize complex stories; and
- Develop strong working relationships with the Furniture Industry audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field.
- 2+ years in an editorial position or related writing experience.
- Prior experience in B2B or B2C writing and/or writing about specific industry topics.
- Strong oral and written communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Ability to travel approximately 10% - 20% of the time.
- Ability to lift approximately 10 pounds and work in an office environment.
- Strong personal computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to craft content across all major social media platforms.
- Ability to conduct on-camera interviews with various industry subjects
- Desire to use increasingly progressive social media and mobile tools to create content for the audience.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with a generous benefits program.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021