||February 22, 2021
||High School Diploma
Radio Europa Libera Romania is looking for a Multimedia (Video) Editor. The primary role of this position is to use footage, sound and graphics to tell a story. He/she may create treatments and storyboards, develop scripts, produce and edit videos and photos for multiple platforms, and source and/or create and add graphics, animations, sound effects and music.
- Video Editing: Works with Adobe Premiere and other editing platforms to produce RFE/RL content.
- Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Assembles rough video edits with logical sequencing based on drafts of scripts from producers.
- Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
- Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
- Continuously discovers and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
- Creates flawless final cuts.
- Photo management: takes, edits and assembles photo galleries from the journalists and create multimedia packages for joint broadcast/web/FB use.
- Tasks include image selection, titles, introductions, and captions, plus uploading of images to Pangea content management system.
- Organization: attends editorial meetings.
- Training: Provide feedback and training to video journalists in an effort to improve company standards and cross-department cooperation.
- Produces promo videos.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in non-linear video editing for a news- oriented media organization.
- At least 3 years of experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop).
- A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate and tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation, desirable.
- Experience in studio-based live video production, including camera operation, audio board, and switcher (TriCaster 850 or 8000), desirable.
- Knowledge of editing tools.
- Experience with After Effects, color grading and sound software.
The following Video Journalist skills are a plus:
- Develops and manages video productions from conceptualization to delivery.
- Long-form video segment and field production. This includes pre-production work identifying strong, character-driven stories, and coordinating shoot schedules. Field production involving travel, shoot management, and on-camera interviews. Post-production, including the logging of videos from shoots. Shooting video in the field.
- Romanian language Native level
- English language, Working knowledge (Mandatory)
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021