|Date Posted||February 12, 2021|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Cleveland Magazine gives its readers the best of Cleveland through strong service journalism and thought-provoking stories. Cleveland Magazine attracts readers who live and work in the region and want to know more about their city. As it has for more than 45 years, the magazine brings this prosperous audience an editorial package that is entertaining, relevant and helps them live their best Cleveland life. From best places to live, top restaurants, things to do each weekend and more, Cleveland Magazine provides the information its readers both need and want in a stimulating, award-winning environment.
Cleveland Magazine is looking for an Associate Editor. This person needs to be a versatile, experienced multimedia editor. The ideal candidate will possess well-honed editing and rewriting skills, be adept at writing engaging copy, have an affinity for strong service journalism and short writing, understand creative content and be detail-oriented. Candidates with experience or interest in arts and entertainment editing and/or writing are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Assign and edit stories, manage freelancers and develop creative content ideas across multiple platforms.
• Write a range of stories across Cleveland Magazine’s multiple platforms.
• Prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Copyedit various content.
• Rewrite copy and check facts as needed.
• Meet all content and production deadlines.
• A degree in communications, journalism or a related field
• 1-3 years experience in newspaper, magazine or trade journalism
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• 4-6 clips that show skill at vivid content writing (include at least one short service piece of no more than 30 words and one nontraditional story)
• Solid grounding in journalism ethics and values
• Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
• Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
• Social media experience a plus
Send cover letter containing salary requirement along with resume to: email@example.com [SUBJECT LINE: Associate Editor, Cleveland Magazine]. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.