|Date Posted||February 05, 2021|
|Salary||$40,000 to $45,000|
101.7 The Truth & Good Karma Brands is looking for a News Reporter to join our team to contribute to on-air content by investigating and reporting newsworthy stories that impart information to our audience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for uncovering breaking news and the ability to gather, report, and edit the latest updates. With a broad knowledge of headlines, as the News Reporter, you will uphold GKB’s core values as well as integrity & morality by reporting the facts and abiding by journalism’s ethics and codes.
We are 101.7 The Truth, a radio platform that reflects Milwaukee’s black community. 101.7 The Truth features local shows with authentic conversations about news and current events, a celebration of Black culture, and information created by and for the Black community with an emphasis on empowerment, family, faith, and community. This is home for Milwaukee’s realest conversation, and we are looking for a News Reporter to help lead the way.
The Role of a News Reporter:
The primary role of a News Reporter is to collect, verify, and analyze newsworthy information and assemble those findings into a stable story to then present on-air. As a News Reporter, key components will be researching & confirming information, conducting interviews, generating stories, and reporting on-air in an unbiased tone.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to GKB’s core values: Listen, Be Honest, Work Hard, Over Deliver, and Follow Through
• Stay up to date with daily stories, social issues, breaking news, current events, etc.
• Collaborate with 101.7 The Truth General Manager, Operations Manager, and Producers
• Establish relationships with local organizations & community sources
• Contact & interview sources
• Maintain crucial deadlines in order to provide stories in a timely fashion
• Gather & verify information and form into presentable facts/stories to listeners
• Social media proficiency in posting about news stories, including bulletins and links
• Converting text, graphics, video and audio files for all digital platforms
• Contributing to, and making use of, archives of audio files and sources for content segments
• Aptitude in editing software, such as Cool Edit Pro, Pro Tools and Adobe Audition for production purposes
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Ability to convey information in a clear & concise way
• Flexible schedule
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Must be a self-starter, with the ability to take direction
• Ability to present information in an unbiased manner
• Strong research skills
• Solution oriented/ problem solver
• Ability to think outside of the box
• With this career, you are required to have a valid driver’s license
GKB News Reporters are salaried teammates who receive full benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities. The role of a News Reporter will require teammates to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and demo to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday, February 26, 2021.
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. In addition to 101.7 The Truth, radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio
hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
*Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.