||January 29, 2021
||Public Relations, Nonprofit
The American Motorcyclist Association, the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Corporate Communications Coordinator.
The AMA Corporate Communications Coordinator writes AMA corporate notices, public relations messaging and serves as the first line of communications support to the AMA Marketing, Racing and Member Activity departments, as well as the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame. This position writes press releases, race notices, promotional material, direct member messaging, website content, social media content and other AMA corporate communications.
This position is part of the Communications Department, reporting to the Director of Communications, while working closely with the Marketing, Racing and Member Activity teams to ensure AMA corporate messaging follows AMA style conventions while meeting AMA corporate communications goals. In addition, this position coordinates closely with the Government Communications Manager to ensure AMA corporate communications align with AMA rights and advocacy messaging.
- Coordinates and executes AMA public relations messaging in support of AMA racing, recreational riding and other member activity to the public and media;
- Participates in public relations strategy and tactics discussion with all departments;
- Receives and manages all media inquiries to the AMA;
- Assists in the planning of and provides material support of AMA-sponsored media events;
- Under the guidance of the Director of Communications, provides as-needed support of AMA-sanctioned events and series, as well as related initiatives;
- Creates copy for AMA corporate communications, including but not limited to annual reports, member communications, partner organizations, etc.;
- Serves as the liaison between the Communications Department and the Racing, Member Activity and Marketing Departments;
- Under the guidance of the Director of Communications, plans and writes press releases and other messaging in support of the AMA mission;
- Communicates with external and internal contacts, including outside media and other AMA staff, serving as a public spokesperson on an as-needed basis;
- Occasional travel and event support as a member of the AMA Communications team;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience with and demonstrated knowledge and execution of public relations or news reporting;
- Proficiency in Associated Press style;
- Knowledge of motorcycle competition and recreational riding trends;
- Excellent interviewing and writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- Strong proofreading skills;
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently;
- Ability to thrive in deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to provide occasional event support, including some physical assistance and possible exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field;
- Three to five years of relevant work experience demonstrating success meeting multiple deadlines across multiple projects;
- Two years of experience in writing and editing in a professional setting;
- Motorcycle license or experience is helpful
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you posted on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021