|Date Posted||January 26, 2021|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
|Salary||$50,000 to $55,000|
All That’s Interesting is looking for a motivated individual to join our Brooklyn team as an Assistant Editor. We’re ramping up production of content in several areas — including history, science, and news — with this position acting as a catalyst for growth in our output. As the Assistant Editor, you will:
– Edit 8-12 posts per week along with crafting copy for social and search
– Coordinate with freelancers and staff writers
– Pitch, ideate, and produce your own articles
– Become an integral part in developing and executing All That’s Interesting’s editorial strategy
Desired qualifications are:
– Two years editing content for a digital publisher
– Ability to synthesize complex issues in a straightforward yet compelling manner for an online audience
– Working knowledge of WordPress, as well as some experience with best practices for search and social media
– Ability to edit images
– Interest in a wide breadth of topics, including history, true crime, science, and current events
You’ll be working full-time out of our office in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn once COVID restrictions are eased. Until then, the position will be full-time remote. Compensation is $52.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, a free monthly unlimited MTA card (once you’re working out of the office), partial cell phone reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume along with links to two of your published writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.